Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I deposited a check into my Bank of America checking account via ATM on 2/25. I looked today online and found that there were two holds on the money, one for about 10% of the check, held until 3/4, and the other 90% held until 3/6. Nine days hold for a check on an account I've had for maybe two years? Sometimes I think I'm in Wonderland and so don't feel justified questioning the absurd, but that IS actually absurd, isn't it? Or is it just me? I feel like I should write a letter to the CEO asking him to give me a couple of reasons to keep my accounts at BofA open.

My sleep schedule has been getting more and more out of sorts for weeks lately, partially tue to playing video games after work, and partially due to my habit of drinking a lot of tea when I go finally get home at around 11 PM. This Saturday I went to work and did some expts, and then got on the 'fancy' computer to play some Team Fortress 2 at around 7pm or so, and was playing for 'a little while', and got a little tired. I turned around to check the time and found that it was 5 AM Sunday. Yikes.

I was going to go home and sleep, but I realized that doing that would just worsen everything. So I stayed at work until 8ish and then went to Bob Evans to have a sit-down breakfast for the first time since I was in BR for Xmas. I took a power nap and then went back to work. I didn't get to sleep until 2 AM last night, as is usual, but I got up today around 7:30 and feel pretty good, like I've reset my sleep schedule a bit.



Mar. 1st, 2010 03:59 pm (UTC)
It was my understanding that banks have to have full funds for the following the very next business day:
* Checks drawn on the U.S. Treasury and deposited into an account held by the payee.

* U.S. Postal Service money orders (deposited in person and into an account held by the payee of the money order).

* Federal Reserve Bank and Federal Home Loan Bank checks (same stipulations as the U.S. Postal Service checks).

* State or local government checks (deposited in person and in the same state where the check was issued).

* Cashier's, certified, or teller's check (deposited in person and into an account held by the payee of the money order).

* Checks drawn on and deposited into the same or another branch of a bank as long as it's in the same check-processing region as the deposit.

If you have a deposit that doesn't fall into these categories (and most deposits don't), banks have to make the first $100 of the total deposit amount available to you on the next business day. I would go to BofA and talk to the manager and explain that if the bank doesn't believe in making your deposits available to you, then you have no reason to do business with BofA.